Wednesday, January 18, 2006

You would think saying good bye would get easier...


Today we took my parents to the airport after their month-long visit in Brazil. Now in my life I have had to say good bye at least 27 times to a family member, but still every time we say good bye that heart wrenching pain is there.
I'm not complaining, believe me, I understand how each good bye produces a far greater reward in my life than I could ever imagine at that moment. I am lucky, I know, I've said many "good byes" but they all are followed by a "hello" sometime later, while some have to say good bye forever. In the old days when missionaries went out into the field they took their possessions in coffins, knowing only their bodies would return. Today it is a different story; we have the option to fly just as frequent as our pockets allow us. But still the pain of separation, even if only for months or even a few years breaks my heart.
I am a part of such a priviledged family, we have in each other friends, I consider each one a true friend. The kind of friend that holds up our arms when needed, that will laugh when we laugh and cry when we cry, a friend that will choose to say the truth and point us in the right direction. So, sometimes I wonder, if God made us such great friends, why separate us? The answer is simple, because our friendship isn't limited to time or to space, our friendship is eternal. We don't have to spend every day together, or even special days of the year to keep our friendship going, we are the Proverbs 17:17 kind of friends, even when we are miles apart.
My dad always jokes about how you can choose your friends, but your stuck with your family. I'm gald that God stuck me with my family because they are the greatest friends I could have ever have chosen.
I love you all very much, Dad, Mom, Dave, Nat, Munga, Pap-pap, Rachel, Reanto, Matthew and Marcus - you have all been true friends to me, and for that and so much more I will always be thankful!
Love you,
Missy

1 Comments:

At 4:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi Pint,

I was just reading your blogg and I am so proud to be your father. You are amazing! How blessed I was to read about how you value your family! My little joke about choosing friends and being stuck with your family although intended to be a light joke, is really meant to make you think...to realize that God's plan put you as fruit of a pecular couple. As the saying goes "just a different flower from the same garden" as Rachel!
Thank you for your special life! You mom and I would not be the same without you!

all my love,
Dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home