Saturday, January 28, 2006

It's been one year

Today is the aniversary of my arrival here in Belo. I can't believe that it has only been a year, it seems so much more than that. And in this year that has past, so much has happend, so much has changed and God has done so much in me and through me.
I will never forget that first day here. I was picked up at the airport by friends, I had so much luggage it's a miracle it all made it. I went to my sister's house, and later that day all these people showed up for a suprise welcome home party. There were old friends, some I've known since I was a kid, there where new friends I had met durring my visits to Brazil in previous years and then there were even people I didn't know. I will never forget that day, nor the faces as they stood there and sang to me. What a special way to welcome me back, needless to say I can't remeber ever felling so welcome.
Today that welcome still remains, I can feel it in evey greeting, in every hug, in every set of three kisses (the offcial brazilian greeting), in every smile, in every story they tell me, in every conversation I have. I am welcome here, not as an outsider, one who comes to observe, but I am welcome here as one that belongs, who has a special place, one who will always have a place here. I am so thankful that God has chosen this place to be my home for this time. It is trully a precious gift from God to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home